• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oohh get her!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oohh get her!

http://www.shout99.com/contractors/s...local=Threaded

"by Den-ny at 22:21 30/10/07 (Section 660)
    Don't worry Charles. I've been posting on these forums for long enough to know that holding a different opinion from the usual ignorant, ultra right wing 'survival of the fittest mantra' rubbish often spouted off by the 'greedier' contractor who thinks nothing of milking the system for all its worth for their own personal gain is a green light to be hounded with personal insults and then bullied and harassed off every forum opposers of their views express themselves on. It's happened to me on the CUK forum and now on the PCG one. "

I thought I hadn't seen that many long long long long posts for a while. Come on, own up! Who pi55ed on Dennys chips then?
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Ah Denny. I miss him. He would insist that 'agencies' should be called 'EBs' and that proper contractors do not have 'CVs', they have 'Company Brochures'.

Bless him.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
      Ah Denny. I miss him. He would insist that 'agencies' should be called 'EBs' and that proper contractors do not have 'CVs', they have 'Company Brochures'.

Bless him.

Comment

Bless him.
        ...and take 3 pages to say what you've just said in 2 lines.
        Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Denny was OK, you rotten sods
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Ooooh yeah - quite right, Pondy. I thought she was a he for so long that it has stuck in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              Denny was OK, you rotten sods
              You're probably right, BP. Although Denny was so very outspoken it rather lended itself to ribbing. She never backed down or compromised even a tiny amount as far as I can recall.

I remember a classic ding-dong between Denny and Dodgy. Dodgy was saying that to deal with agents you have to accept, rightly or wrongly, that they will want to see a CV. Denny was having none of it and said something like 'the agents will get my Company Brochure, because I am a proper business, etc...'

Comment

You're probably right, BP. Although Denny was so very outspoken it rather lended itself to ribbing. She never backed down or compromised even a tiny amount as far as I can recall.

I remember a classic ding-dong between Denny and Dodgy. Dodgy was saying that to deal with agents you have to accept, rightly or wrongly, that they will want to see a CV. Denny was having none of it and said something like 'the agents will get my Company Brochure, because I am a proper business, etc...'

Yes I remember that. I liked Denny, she turned me on. Feisty women always do. I bet she goes like a steam train!
                Last edited by sasguru; 31 October 2007, 13:40.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

"I bet she went like a steam tream"

Not sure what a tream is?

You mean that you had to fill her with water and then set fire to her.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                    "I bet she went like a steam tream"

Not sure what a tream is?

You mean that you had to fill her with water and then set fire to her.
                    Edited. Trying to eat my lovely pork roast sarnie at the same time....
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X