• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A few years in jail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few years in jail

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7070827.stm

Madrid bombers get long sentences

Zougam and Ghanoui were found guilty of murder, and sentenced to up to 43,000 years in jail each.

That'll teach em!

No big deal, they'll be out in 40
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Yeah, the maximum time anyone can be in jail for in Spain is 40 years
      It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Personally I feel that sentencing anybody for longer than 20,000 years is getting a bit silly.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

An ASBO would have done to be honest.

Comment

Maybe they are planning on inventing/leasing from Zeitghost some sort of eternal excruciation device, the kind only dreamed of by the Spanish Inquisition?

Comment

When I read the title for this thread, I thought maybe Hector had gotten you for Tax Evasion and you'd be spending a few cold winter nights shacked up with a cellmate called bubba who would conveniently drop the soap in the shower and say 'Hey superstar, pick up the Soap!!!!'

Comment

Ceefax last night reported that a spokesman for the victims families said that they felt that the accused got off lightly.

Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Ceefax last night reported that a spokesman for the victims families said that they felt that the accused got off lightly.

If you actually read the news properly, you would have found that some of those found guilty were only sentenced to 12 years.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    If you actually read the news properly, you would have found that some of those found guilty were only sentenced to 12 years.

HTH
                    Which part of "Ceefax last night" didn't you understand? There was no mention on the page of anyone getting anything else - under the headline of "Madrid bombers sentenced to thousands of years", the only thing they mentioned was that three of them were sentenced to huge sentences.

Final part of the page says that the spokesman says they got off lightly.

I can only be responsible for reading the news as presented to me - an excuse used by thousands of Daily Heil / Express readers.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X