• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another thrilling day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another thrilling day

Feeling guilty about wasting time reading Pondlife's diary when the project has 63 open bugs, I had a glance around to see what my colleagues were up to.

One appears not to have come in today.
    One is playing some online game.
    One wandered off about an hour and a half ago and hasn't been seen since.
    One is watching sports videos on YouTube.

And the PM appear to be dealing with arrangements for her forthcoming move to the States.

Ho hum. Back to CUK...

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Feeling guilty about wasting time reading Pondlife's diary when the project has 63 open bugs, I had a glance around to see what my colleagues were up to.

And the PM appear to be dealing with arrangements for her forthcoming move to the States.

Ho hum. Back to CUK...
    Are you at Vodafone by any chance?
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Ho hum. Back to CUK...
      I can see you !

The project I'm on is heading towards its go live but we are rudderless. There are quite a few good experienced people here, but they are all experienced enough to keep their heads down rather than be the mug who eventually sets the alarm bells ringing. Should be fun !
      Last edited by rootsnall; 1 November 2007, 11:47.

Comment

[quote=NickFitz;330337And the PM appear to be dealing with arrangements for her forthcoming move to the States.
        [/quote]

This isn't SA by any chance ?
        Last edited by KathyWoolfe; 2 November 2007, 09:18.
        It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

You must be working at EDS.........

Comment

I've just looked around at my colleagues - or what is left of them.

One is in hospital
            One is with the company medico
            One has been working 15-hour days but failed to arrive today
            One is sitting opposite me tapping away at his keyboard

We are in the basement. The PM sits 10 floors up, where he has majestic views over west London.

Comment

its been full on for me today.

ebay
              facebook
              CUK
              ebay
              facebook
              CUK
              agent ringing me talkin rubbish
              opened a few spreadsheets and stared at them for a while
              plan b plan goin well
              ebay
              facebook
              CUK

i think im addicted to CUK
              cut me - ill bleed rosso red

Comment

Colleague #3 returned and appeared to be looking intently at some work. Passing by his desk, it became apparent that he was gazing at his desktop wallpaper (it's just the MacBook default wallpaper, not anything exciting).

He, #2 and #4 disappeared while I was off getting more coffee; I think they've gone to a "lightning talk" about one of Client Inc's data APIs.

Comment

:
                  We dream of only 63 open bugs. Our pilot supposed to go live 12/11. We have 34 open bugs for re-test before then, but 70 open defects and 40 change requests delayed till after post-pilot. We're trying to get a last UAT cycle in before then but Ops have still been unable to deploy a working app/environment in less than 4 days. Management somehow still think going live with this is a good idea.

Extention ends in January - can't see myself hanging around after that, its a catastrophe waiting to happen.

Comment

Finish all the work I was brought in to do.
                    Currently working on handover docs.
                    Three week handover with new guy starts Monday.
                    Then I'm off
                    Hope the next three week go faster than the last.

The nearer I get to the end of a contract the longer the days seem to get
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                    X