• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are contract rates taking a dive?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are contract rates taking a dive?

Is the Gordon Brown economic miracle at an end?

http://www.jobstats.co.uk/jobstats.d/Rates.html

I think next year is going to be "interesting".

I think bad times are coming chaps, I only hope stock market does not crash completely until end of Nov this year.

Comment

http://www.silicon.com/financialserv...9168998,00.htm

The proportion of tech contract workers in the financial services sector is at its lowest level for more than three years.

Just 22 per cent of IT contractors are working in the sector, according to contractor services company giant group, which blames the recent credit crunch in the financial services industry.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        The proportion of tech contract workers in the financial services sector is at its lowest level for more than three years..
        Lots of vacancies then?
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Bah!

I've just renewed with a rate increase
          Do what thou wilt

Comment

I have noticed a reduction in advertised rates in my line of work, however, I’m unsure if this is clients exercising financial prudence or agents taking advantage of current economic climate. Been charging the same rates to clients over the past 6 months without a problem.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Probably totally useless stats but if they are representing something that is actually going on it would be my guess that it's a fall off in well paid banking sector job ads. The market ( apols to whoever didn't like that term the other day ! ) seems OK to me but I think we are about to enter into interesting times. I need a rest and have an old house to do up so a bad year suits me fine but I would require a recovery in rates for 2009 !

Comment

How are things in Telecomms (Mobile)?

Comment

Still plenty of money in the rent boy market

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Crosby View Post
                    Still plenty of money in the rent boy market
                    You been speaking to Baggy again?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X