• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Payment terms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payment terms

What would you consider reasonable payment terms on a short contract (4 to 6 weeks)?
    I know most agencies seem to have moved from weekly invoicing and payment (I used to get paid for each week by the end of the following week) over to monthly invoicing and then 30 days to pay. However it seems that on a short contract you would be offsite before they had to pay out. Is it fair to push for weekly terms if the agency wants monthly?

K

I think in any other B2B transaction 30 days would be reasonable, so I don't see why the agency would have to make it any less...especially if they have a similar arrangement with their client. You're a business now, not an employee...need to think like a business.
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Having said that, there's no harm in asking
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Keldin View Post
        What would you consider reasonable payment terms on a short contract (4 to 6 weeks)?
        I know most agencies seem to have moved from weekly invoicing and payment (I used to get paid for each week by the end of the following week) over to monthly invoicing and then 30 days to pay. However it seems that on a short contract you would be offsite before they had to pay out. Is it fair to push for weekly terms if the agency wants monthly?

K
        Make sure you credit check the agency. Then base your risk on the result.

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
          Make sure you credit check the agency. Then base your risk on the result.
          Does anyone know about Glotel. are they a good agency. I just got this new role and they want to pay monthly. its also a short contract - less than 2 months, should i demand weekly payment and most importantly are they a good agency and what sort of margin do they take off you.

thanks

Comment

Working...
          X