• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't read newspapers or watch the news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reasons:

1. It'll only make you depressed.
    2. You can't do anything about it anyway
    3. Most of it is propaganda, lies and/or spin.

Live your life well, make your own judgements based on your personal experience, take care of family and friends and leave the loons (politicians, terrorists, fashionistas, trendies, political activitists, racists) to carry on with their idiocy. Chances are they won't make any difference anyway.

HTH
    Last edited by sasguru; 1 November 2007, 17:25.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Are we allowed to at least gawk at page 3?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      Are we allowed to at least gawk at page 3?
      That's not news - perfectly acceptable and even to be encouraged.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

I feel sick I agree with SASguru
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          That's not news - perfectly acceptable and even to be encouraged.
          What if it is Sandy on it?

Comment

I really would like to murder someone before I die though. It isn't much to ask of life.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              What if it is Sandy on it?
              Sell your News International shares, their black ink bill is going through the roof.

Comment

Or read CUK.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Or read CUK.
                  I thought everyone was just writing

Comment

Actually I agree with the Guru here. Stay away from media, the news in particular, and you will be a happier person.

It happened to my wife when our baby was born. She just didn't have time to keep up with the news etc and she seemed so much happier just being with the baby and doing things other than worrying about the price of oil or the hammer killer of inner-Manchester or whatever.

Me, I'm a news freak and one day all this worrying will be the death of me.

Comment

Working...
                    X