• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Migrants take all new jobs in Britain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Migrants take all new jobs in Britain

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...obs-in-Britain

"Foreign workers have taken every new job in Britain for the past four years, astonishing figures show.

The total of migrant employees since 2003 has soared by 740,000, while the number of Britons in work has gone into reverse and dropped by 120,000. This means that foreign workers filled all the extra 620,000 jobs which were created during those four years."

Not my words, the words of the Daily Express newspaper.

Originally posted by GreenerGrass View Post
    I suppose it makes a change for them not to be banging on about Diana, the McCanns, or house prices.

Comment

Fear not, Maddie still gets on the front page of their website. Stolen by North African immigrants. Who also killed Diana, probably.

Comment

Fear not, Maddie still gets on the front page of their website. Stolen by North African immigrants. Who also killed Diana, probably.
        I thought it was one particular Greek immigrant who killed Diana?
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

No, the north African immigrant died with Diana.

Comment

True

Pizza worker was unfairly sacked
            A pizza shop supervisor who was sacked and replaced by cheaper migrant workers has won a claim for unfair dismissal against his former boss.

Kevin Lewis, 26, from Tranmere in Wirral, worked at Domino's on London Road in Liverpool.

Mr Lewis was sacked when he refused a transfer to a branch in Chester because he could not afford the travel costs.

He was replaced by Polish immigrants who were paid the minimum wage and had accommodation deducted by their boss.
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

You've got the makings of a pope.

K

Comment

Interesting how the arguement shifted from immigrants taking public money in form of benefits to taking jobs from working people.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Interesting how the arguement shifted from immigrants taking public money in form of benefits to taking jobs from working people.
                  naw... two seperate things really
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

The total of migrant employees since 2003 has soared by 740,000, while the number of Britons in work has gone into reverse and dropped by 120,000. This means that foreign workers filled all the extra 620,000 jobs which were created during those four years.
                    Without altering the facts stated above you could also write it as:

The total of number of Britons in work has gone into reverse and dropped by 120,000.
                    This means that migrant employees soared by 740,000 which filled all the extra 620,000 jobs created during those four years.
                    and I even have some words left over:

foreign workers
                    were
                    since 2003 has
                    while the

K

Comment

Working...
                    X