• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salt water enema?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salt water enema?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cornwall/7073929.stm

Don't try this at home folks...

Can I be the first...?

What is tombstoning?

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
      Can I be the first...?

What is tombstoning?
      Jumping off a cliff into the water.

Originally posted by wikipedia so it must be right
      An extreme sport involving diving off a fixed point such as sea harbour walls, bridges, rocks and cliff faces into water. The sport's origins can be traced to United Kingdom west country.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Jumping off cliffs into water*...

(*whilst hoping that the water is deep enough...)
        That's why you should always use a good old-fashioned straddle jump into water.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
          Can I be the first...?

What is tombstoning?
          You should try reading the linked article. It tells you in there.

Comment

In Portugal, tombstoning has been around for ages. Adolescents would not only dive off vertical cliffs, but would take massive run ups to avoid cliffs with an incline, to avoid hitting the bottom of it, rather than the water.

Practically every weekend I would see one or two kids, covered in blood, waiting for the ambulance.

I never saw adults do it, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinto View Post
              In Portugal, tombstoning has been around for ages. Adolescents would not only dive off vertical cliffs, but would take massive run ups to avoid cliffs with an incline, to avoid hitting the bottom of it, rather than the water.

Practically every weekend I would see one or two kids, covered in blood, waiting for the ambulance.

I never saw adults do it, though.
              Wikipedia says that it comes from the West country, so it must be true.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Is this anything to do with getting the world's biggest enema as you fall into the water?
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

As Bill Hicks would say, rejoice, the world got lighter, another moron bit the dust.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Eeek, indeed Mr Lizzard. I had one of those when water skiing.

Cured the holiday constipation, but not pleasant when you get a litre of salted water up your jacksy....
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X