• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yes it's been a good couple of years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it's been a good couple of years

...but now it's all coming to an end. Global stock markets are crashing, the $ is weakening rapidly, the global property slide is gathering pace, oil is at record highs, and soon the £ will also begin its collapse. China is readying itself for worldwide economic domination and the US is taking on ever more debt whilst still trying to fund a war on Iran. The Soviets in the meantime are rebuilding their country and preparing their armaments. Pakistan is about to fall apart and release millions of inhabitants to join extremist Islamic neighbours. All this and we haven't even started on global warming yet.

Enjoy your contract - it may be your last. But still, it's been a good couple of years and it's been great to know you all.

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    ...but now it's all coming to an end. Global stock markets are crashing, the $ is weakening rapidly, the global property slide is gathering pace, oil is at record highs, and soon the £ will also begin its collapse. China is readying itself for worldwide economic domination and the US is taking on ever more debt whilst still trying to fund a war on Iran. The Soviets in the meantime are rebuilding their country and preparing their armaments. Pakistan is about to fall apart and release millions of inhabitants to join extremist Islamic neighbours. All this and we haven't even started on global warming yet.

Enjoy your contract - it may be your last. But still, it's been a good couple of years and it's been great to know you all.
    I'll just have to rely on the government to keep spending money on projects, then. Gutted.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

DOOMED!!!

Comment

Have you built a bunker yet ?

Comment

China?

We'll see...

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
            China?

We'll see...
            Yes, you know that place where the flushing toilet is an concept.

Comment

I hope the stock market won't crash until end of Nov...

Comment

how long from when the £ starts to fall does it usually take for this to be felt in reductoin of "none urgent" staff, i.e the luxury of contractors are no more and batten down the hatches with permie staff only?
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                  Have you built a bunker yet ?
                  My new gig has a whole range of regular and nuclear bomb shelters that I can choose from.

You get lousy mobile phone reception there, though
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                    how long from when the £ starts to fall does it usually take for this to be felt in reductoin of "none urgent" staff, i.e the luxury of contractors are no more and batten down the hatches with permie staff only?
                    Where I work, the permies are the first to go.

Comment

Working...
                    X