• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Troll: again we have to set the example for you

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troll: again we have to set the example for you

When will you ever learn?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-w...ime-crackdown/

Italy Police Crack Down on Foreigners

ARIEL DAVID | November 2, 2007 06:54 PM EST | AP

ROME — Dozens of immigrants were fleeing their shantytown homes on the outskirts of Rome Friday after a string of attacks blamed on foreigners prompted authorities to crack down on camps inhabited mainly by Gypsies.

Carrying their belongings in bundles and plastic bags, and sometimes atop bicycles, residents left a camp on the northern edges of the capital where police arrested a Romanian accused in the savage beating of an Italian woman near the camp who died Thursday after two days in a coma.

The victim, the 47-year-old wife an Italian navy commander, was attacked as she walked along a road after dark Tuesday toward the barracks where she lives, police said. She was beaten, dragged through mud and left bloody and half naked in a ditch, police said.

Outside the camp in the Tor di Quinto neighborhood, police and bulldozers waited for the order to raze the illegal settlement while most residents abandoned the area, fearing they would be rounded up and expelled.

The attack on the woman prompted Premier Romano Prodi's center-left Cabinet to give authorities the power to expel European Union citizens "for reasons of public safety."

Prodi in a condolence message to the husband on Friday said the killing had "had wounded the soul of all Italians."

The suspect in the murder case, a Romanian in his 20s identified as Nicolae Mailat, lived in the Tor di Quinto camp, one of several sprawling settlements where thousands of residents _ some legal, some not _ live in shacks.

Many are from Romania, which joined the European Union earlier this year, or the former Yugoslavia.

Romania's premier told Italian state TV Thursday night that he backed Rome's crackdown. Violent Romanians "will be sent back home without hesitation," Prime Minister Calin Popescu Tariceanu said in the TV interview.

Authorities in recent months have blamed Romanians for a series of violent crimes in Rome.

Although the free movement of EU citizens within the 27 member nations is a cornerstone of EU policy, countries still have the right to keep dangerous people out.

------------------------

And that's how the locals react

http://www.repubblica.it/2007/11/sez...-punitiva.html
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

I think we already did this one
    Linkl
    please keep up at the back
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

HAHAHA, the Italians setting an example..HAHAHAHA, I almost fell off my chair!!!!!
      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

For Francko & Troll

Francko, why don't you post links to other events following the crime, events that give a different picture about how the mighty Italians "give an example":

http://hrw.org/english/docs/2007/11/...y17280_txt.htm

On November 2, a group of hooded men armed with metal bars and knives attacked a crowd of Romanians in the parking lot of a supermarket in Rome. Three men remain in hospital as a result of their injuries. On the night of November 4, a bomb exploded outside a Romanian-owned store in a town just outside Rome, causing property damage. Last weekend, a Romanian football player was subjected to racist taunts during a match.

Interior Minister Giuliano Amato has justified the emergency decree as an attempt to “prevent the terrible tiger of xenophobia, the racist beast, from breaking out of the cage.”

It is fair to say that in Italy there are immigrants from the EU that should be deported immediately. But the Italian way is to "bulldoze" camps after a crime, instead of thinking beforehand what to do and to make laws accordingly. It's the "latin" temperament, I know, but let's not make this an "example"...

Yours faithfully,

Viktor

Second-hand EU citizen...
        The rest is silence...

Comment

Take it easy Viktor.

Comment

Originally posted by Viktor View Post
            Viktor

Second-hand EU citizen...

Second class or second rate.

HTH.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Victor

Comment

Originally posted by Viktor View Post
                Francko, why don't you post links to other events following the crime, events that give a different picture about how the mighty Italians "give an example":
                Viktor, it was posted as an addition to the first link (unfortunately at that time it was only in italian). It was generally a mock-up for troll who is into this foreign-hatred stuff. For me I'd rather share the point of view of this guy (sorry but again in Italian):

http://www.carmillaonline.com/archiv...11/002437.html

Only one thing, having spent 20 years in a town with lots of gypsies, I do believe that Rome has given them a lot and was able to take care of them despite all the other problems in the capital. In other parts of Europe they would have probably been sent away quite quickly. But now, don't you think they should try to make a bit of an effort for integrating a bit? (saying this with my full understanding that this attempt to criminalise a nation is certainly wrong and despicable)
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                  Viktor, it was posted as an addition to the first link (unfortunately at that time it was only in italian). It was generally a mock-up for troll who is into this foreign-hatred stuff. For me I'd rather share the point of view of this guy (sorry but again in Italian):

http://www.carmillaonline.com/archiv...11/002437.html

Only one thing, having spent 20 years in a town with lots of gypsies, I do believe that Rome has given them a lot and was able to take care of them despite all the other problems in the capital. In other parts of Europe they would have probably been sent away quite quickly. But now, don't you think they should try to make a bit of an effort for integrating a bit? (saying this with my full understanding that this attempt to criminalise a nation is certainly wrong and despicable)
                  Don't blame me I've never been xenophobic... I do think we should be more selective in who we let in and the quantity...but I lived in Italy for a few years so can't really complain about eyties coming here
                  HTH
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                    Only one thing, having spent 20 years in a town with lots of gypsies
                    Racist!

Comment

Working...
                    X