• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

D'oh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D'oh

Managed to book myself onto 2 flights to the Netherlands tomorrow
    Coffee's for closers

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Managed to book myself onto 2 flights to the Netherlands tomorrow
    Make sure you get double the frequent flier miles, then!

I have a flight home on Wednesday and on Friday this week to hedge my bets. Since I can't get a refund, I'll be checking in on both of them.

Also (and more seriously) - if you don't use one of the tickets, then they MUST refund the air passenger duty to you, since that is only due on passengers who actually fly.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Are you checking in on both of them just out of spite or to make sure you get your points?
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        Are you checking in on both of them just out of spite or to make sure you get your points?
        Both - I need to check whether you can still get the APD back if you check in and don't fly. BMI didn't want to consider helping me rebook the flight (client terminated the contract early and it ends on Wednesday, so my Friday flight is a waste now) - the rebooking fee was the same price as a new ticket. So I'm better off by claiming back the APD and booking two flights.

I've already told them that I will cause them the maximum amount of inconvenience, so if that means checking in and not turning up, then so be it...
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
        X