• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is anyone else having a carp day so far?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone else having a carp day so far?

You know how it is on a monday...carp journey, carp women drivers, carp drivers in BMWs, carp weather, carp coffee...rant rant...
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
    You know how it is on a monday...carp journey, carp women drivers, carp drivers in BMWs, carp weather, carp coffee...rant rant...
    Half-term over is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Half-term over is it?
      Don't know, when did it start? Or are you too busy getting ready for school?
      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

My plane is already late, due to inclement weather.

Which means that when it gets into Heathrow, we'll end up at an international stand at terminal 3, needing to catch a bus round to terminal 1. And I'll miss the first bus and have to wait for a second one, since I'm near the front of the plane.

It's going to be one of those days....
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Depends where you are in the country. Some went back last Monday, some went back today. Wherever you are, it's likely that the schools are back by now, though.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I think the schools are back but the M25 seemed quiter than I have seen it for months...but there is always a BMW that thinks mirrors and indicators are optional...and sorry girls, but usually driven by a woman!!!

Yeah, I am having a carp morning...

Comment

Traffic usually calms down during school holidays where I live.

Some kids were off last week, some the week before. Today they're all back so hence the early start at the office.

Comment

I think half term is over everywhere but is it just me or do the roads seem quieter today than usual?
                It could just be the fact that I was half asleep though...

Comment

I think half term is over everywhere but is it just me or do the roads seem quieter today than usual?
                  It could just be the fact that I was half asleep though...
                  The long stay car park at Manchester airport was quieter than I've ever seen it. I can understand it being busy last week (when Manchester / Oldham / Rochdale were off) and the week before that (when Lancashire were off) but it's quieter today than it's ever been - I had a choice of spaces near the front of the car park ready for a quick exit...
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Wasn't much good for me either. Floated the odd dog biscuit on the edge of the lillies but did get any takers.

Comment

Working...
                    X