• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A proper British company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A proper British company

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...ers/html/1.stm

Makes ya proud.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    And not a f****** computer in sight
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

And not a f****** agent in sight

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        And not a f****** agent in sight
        I am sure I saw one lurking in the background with a handful of CVs of Kosovan mechanics
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
          Indeed it does make one proud. An uplifting story on a pretty lousy morning.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I am the only shareholder. I have no dividends to pay
            Did he forget to add "...to other people"?
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Did he forget to add "...to other people"?
              Perhaps he pays himself a realistic salary and doesn't depend on dividends.

Comment

Perhaps he donates all the profits to New Labour to help them fight a war with Iraq, Afghanistan and soon Iran.

This way a lot more Landrovers will be needed.

Comment

it also helps that he got planning permission for all those barns, that wouldn't happen everywhere, there would for sure be some nimby wanting to scupper the company's chances for growth and employing more because the barns would spoil their view ala Dyson

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Perhaps he donates all the profits to New Labour to help them fight a war with Iraq, Afghanistan and soon Iran.

This way a lot more Landrovers will be needed.
                    No, the Toyota Hilux is their road weapon of choice... hmmm I've got an idea... trouble is they never break down.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X