• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who said numeracy is getting worse?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who said numeracy is getting worse?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....card_confusion

Some poor girl has been "fobbed off" by Camelot who claim that -6 is higher - not lower - than -8

Coffee's for closers

Priceless!
    "I phoned Camelot and they fobbed me off with some story that -6 is higher - not lower - than -8 but I'm not having it.

"I think Camelot are giving people the wrong impression - the card doesn't say to look for a colder or warmer temperature, it says to look for a higher or lower number. Six is a lower number than 8. Imagine how many people have been misled."
    This wouldn't be out of place in the Viz Letterbox!

Comment

I love the readers comments:
      I think she is quite within her right to claim a prize. Give her the -£5,000 now.

S Tockport, near the window
      5/11/2007 at 09:50

Comment

...and they wonder why it's know as a tax on fools
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....card_confusion

Some poor girl has been "fobbed off" by Camelot who claim that -6 is higher - not lower - than -8

-6 is higher than -8. 6 is lower than 8. The minus sign makes a difference. Or am I missing the point?

Comment

You have to read the article to get the context, she's arguing they are wrong.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

No, she's absolutely right. She's NOT having it!
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Must be one of those 50% with below average maths ability.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                X