• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pensions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pensions

Can anyone recommend a company pension scheme? I have loads here and there from previous permie roles, but would like to have one through my co. Not interested in building a BLTs empire etc, just want to pay off my present mortgage and have a simple retirement life in about 10 years.

Have you thought of Brazilian .com startups?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Have you thought of Brazilian .com startups?
      The world cup is going to Brazil in 2014, so a portfolio of a few flats near the Maracana must be a good bet.

Comment

I'm in an almost identical position, with about 20 years of permie pensions behind me and now wondering what to do as a contractor.

Current plan is to set up a flexible SIPP that can be paid into either personally or by the company.

Comment

Be wary of putting all your eggs in one basket.

Equitable Life, Northern Rock, the Mirror Group...

Comment

Originally posted by Kess View Post
            I'm in an almost identical position, with about 20 years of permie pensions behind me and now wondering what to do as a contractor.

Current plan is to set up a flexible SIPP that can be paid into either personally or by the company.

Thanks Kess - who is this plan with?

I know if I go to speak to and IFA he is going to recommend the plan that would pay him more commission , and the bank will recommend their own... is there a sort of a compare pension site I can look at?

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim View Post

I know if I go to speak to and IFA he is going to recommend the plan that would pay him more commission , and the bank will recommend their own... is there a sort of a compare pension site I can look at?
              Why not try "Fidelity", they have loads of different funds.

Comment

I was going to say I use Sippdeal but their website is out of action. Should I be worried ? Lowest Sipp charges when I looked into it but you are totally on your own on where it is invested.

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim View Post
                  I'm looking to use Hargreaves Lansdown (www.h-l.co.uk). They seem to have a very good reputation.

Comment

I have 2 SIPPS. I use H-L for funds and Alliance trust for individual shares. They were both best value for those

Comment

Working...
                    X