• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where to invest during a global recession?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to invest during a global recession?

Where should the Prawn millions go now?

Oil is at an all time high, will it rise massively now during the world economy crash?

Gold is at an high. Will it rise a lot higher?

Should I be looking at emerging markets in more detail or sit tight with money in the bank to buy up more property after the crash? I already have a lot in China and India equties.

What about other commodities? Corn? Uranium? Silver? Brazilian dot com startups?

I'm hoping the expert bag-o-pus can help me out.

My SE Asia ISAs seem to have done well over the past six months.

Comment

Alternatively, put it all on Israel 0-1 Russia, which would be Abramovich's favoured score between the two international teams he runs.

Usual caveats...

Comment

Oil will become scarce and expensive... Get you Ford Falcon XB Coupe now so you don't miss out on your share.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
          Alternatively, put it all on Israel 0-1 Russia, which would be Abramovich's favoured score between the two international teams he runs.

Usual caveats...
          I thought Roman would be supporting Israel...

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            Oil will become scarce and expensive... Get you Ford Falcon XB Coupe now so you don't miss out on your share.
            A good hedge. Buy yourself an 8.0 litre V10 Dodge Viper and also buy into Oil.

If the price of oil rockets, the money you make pays for the fuel bill on the Viper. If oil tanks, at least you can run your monster gas guzzler car for peanuts!

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              I thought Roman would be supporting Israel...
              He supports and finances both.

Israel cannot qualify any more, but Russia will if they win in Israel (subject to beating Andorra or Macedonia at home in their last game, I can't remember which).

An honorable arranged 0-1 looks on.

Which would go against the form book.

Comment

You can shut the gate on this one, gingerjedi... it's the duck's guts!
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

And change your name to the "nightrider" by deed pole.

On the main thread, I would be looking at alternative energy stocks or funds at the mo,
                  Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

Get into cash or gold and silver. Await the equities crash which will reach the low point some time during the US invasion of Iran. Then pile into equities or use derivatives to leverage your gains. Stay in the stockmarket for anywhere from 3 to 6 years depending on the cycle.

Remain out of property until 2015 (or until the investment at least looks attractive relative to others), and then get back in using proceeds from your stockmarket gains.

Comment

Working...
                    X