• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Winners & Losers RWC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winners & Losers RWC

Kiwi errors: 1 Believing their own publicity. 2 Acting as unpaid and unwanted conscience for the whole of rugby. 3 Having not one clue how to close out a game. 4 Foisting the increasingly silly haka on others. 5 Blaming everyone but themselves.

Australian strengths: 1 Realising they were mortal. 2 Blaming nobody bar themselves. 3 Being humble enough to take a lead from European rugby. 4 Taking defeat on the chin, with grace. 5 Having a leader as captain in Stirling Mortlock.

True

Stephen Jones in todays Times

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle2703090.ece
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

agree with the haka thing .. should be banned
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      agree with the haka thing .. should be banned
      No, it's good theatre.

England should do the Morris Dance.

Comment

Hey - the Haka is one of the best things about international rugby.
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
          Hey - the Haka is one of the best things about international rugby.
          It is hirsute-ist.

Comment

There is some typical Jones drivel in there as well.

Best referee: Wayne Barnes (England). - John Mcenroe's you can't be serious springs to mind.

Hidden losers: 1 Domestic rugby systems in Ireland, Scotland and Wales. 2 The Super 14. - Well the SH has won 5/6 world cups. End of.

Nonperforming players: 1 Brian O’Driscoll (Ireland). 2 Gordon D’Arcy (Ireland). 3 Butch James (South Africa). - Can think of better examples than Buth James who actually had a great tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              There is some typical Jones drivel in there as well.

Best referee: Wayne Barnes (England). - John Mcenroe's you can't be serious springs to mind.

Hidden losers: 1 Domestic rugby systems in Ireland, Scotland and Wales. 2 The Super 14. - Well the SH has won 5/6 world cups. End of.

Nonperforming players: 1 Brian O’Driscoll (Ireland). 2 Gordon D’Arcy (Ireland). 3 Butch James (South Africa). - Can think of better examples than Buth James who actually had a great tournament.
              I think it is a bit tongue in cheek
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

DA - you really don't like Aussies or Kiwi's do you??
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  DA - you really don't like Aussies or Kiwi's do you??

I like them a lot. And it is precisely because I have such good friends who are both that I take the p*** out of them as much as I do. At the moment it is payback time and I am milking it as much as I can, because I just know it will not be long before they get their own back.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    I I just know it will not be long before they get their own back.
                    At least you know your place in the long term then.

Comment

Working...
                    X