• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London's Top Minicabs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London's Top Minicabs

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/11...n_charge_ruse/

Register your car as a mini-cab for £82 plus £27 a year, and you don't pay congestion charge:

Among the luxury vehicles on the list of shame are "17 Bentley Continentals, which cost £117,500 new, three £300,000 Maybach 62s and eight two-seater Mercedes-Benz SLs". Others apparently plying their trade include an Aston Martin DB7, two Maserati Quattroportes and eight Rolls Royce Phantoms.
    How come I always get some grotty Toyota instead of a Maserati picking me up
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Why it costs so little to run a taxi in London where a tenner won't get you very far, who the heck gets all that earned money?

Comment

That's right AtW. It only cost £27 pa to run a taxi in London, AND YET THEY CHARGE £10 FOR A 2 MILE JOURNEY!!!

OUTRAGEOUS!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/11...n_charge_ruse/

How come I always get some grotty Toyota instead of a Maserati picking me up
        At least with a Toyota you know you are going to get to your destination
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Fun with stats

Fun with statistics: yer average cab driver earns 4 times as much as yer average cab passenger.

threaded in 'I read it somewhere on the web so it must be true' mode
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
          X