• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dental

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dental

OK as we have discussed everything els, anyone has private dental insurance? WPA seems carp for their dental cover.

Wish I had some.

Got the dentist at 2.45 tomorrow to have a badly fractured tooth pulled.
    Temp filling, antibiotics and the pull are going to cost me £139.00

Then again, I visit the dentist for regular checkups and cleans so I suppose if the insurance covers those as well it would be worth getting.

Will ask about it tomorrow if I am not dribbling or screaming too much.
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

The plans I looked at are not that great, they say £1000 a year cover, but £1000 is divided into categories:
      Max claim is £20 for each filling (can claim max 2 teeth per year)
      Max £50 for Root treatment (can claim for max 3 teeth per year)
      the list go on and on and on till you reach the £1000 per year

So what are the odds that you will get a filling, a root treatment, denture treatment, extractions, impacted wisdom tooth all in one year so that you'll claim the £1000? IMO in general I'd be able to claim around less than £250 per year, which is similar to the amount I am paying the insurance... so can't see the point...

Anyone knows of a better plan that doesn't have this kind of breakdown?

Comment

OK - just looked again at some offers, seems HSA has the best cover deal- so getting that one.

Comment

NHS Dentist
          Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
            OK - just looked again at some offers, seems HSA has the best cover deal- so getting that one.
            After much googling I concur.

They even cover you for mouth cancer up to £12,000 one off payment.

Comment

I can't read what she writes, but let me just make a speculative guess - they did not pull her wisdom tooth out?

Time to drink some shandy me thinking

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                I can't read what she writes, but let me just make a speculative guess - they did not pull her wisdom tooth out?

Time to drink some shandy me thinking
                No!

Her dental insurer overpaid her by £2,100.00 and she wants to know if she should give it back

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                  NHS Dentist
                  oh yeh I used to be with one, once I had an emergency (bit on a small piece of bone in a home made burger- made by someone else), the dentist after many many many calls gave me an appointment in 3 weeks time, that was the closest time they could fit me in (as an emergency mind- if it was regular appointment I would've had to wait for 3-6 months)
                  Anyway by the time the 3 weeks passed my tooth were shattered in some places and required reconstruction treatment!!

I swore never again!! Private it is for me and the family!!

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    No!

Her dental insurer overpaid her by £2,100.00 and she wants to know if she should give it back
                    Carp, I now wish I did not get involved into this thread, no shandy for me, will use alcohol free beer

Comment

Working...
                    X