• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

From today, Calais to London in 58 minutes!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From today, Calais to London in 58 minutes!

Or Lille in 1 hr 21 minutes.
    Wonder what prices are like in Calais. For those who have just passed through or used the supermarkets, the city centre is surprisngly nice.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Anyone tempted to Live in France and commute to London for high paying contracts?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Wonder what prices are like in Calais. For those who have just passed through or used the supermarkets, the city centre is surprisngly nice.
      Have never been to Calais but I understand there is not much to see and do there. Most people just pass through on their way to somewhere else. So buy as much as you can sas and set up some B&B's.

Comment

London to France eh? Neither are places I would care about if I never got to visit them again.

How much has the taxpayer had to cough up just so cockneys can go and get some cheap lager and fags?

We do waste some money in this country.
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

not a bad idea, go for a saturday in december to the christmas markets?
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

For the price of a studio in London, you get this:

http://www.frenchpropertylinks.com/f...ified1252665M6

Not bad, Lovely garden.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              True, there's some very nice little restaurants in the centre.
              Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Anyone tempted to Live in France and commute to London for high paying contracts?
                I wonder how much would be for a monthly subscription. Perhaps thousands of pounds?
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                  I wonder how much would be for a monthly subscription. Perhaps thousands of pounds?
                  I was thinking of high flyers like sasguru, not some dodgy Italian permie.

HTH

Comment

I believe the Sea Cat can do it in 34 minutes....and Calais is quite nice in the centre...some good little bars there...
                    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Working...
                    X