• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The doom cycle is underway

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The doom cycle is underway

Contract rates:

http://www.jobstats.co.uk/jobstats.d...71104.1155.png

Key

Black = rate offered by more than 10% of adverts
    Green = rate offered by more than 25% of adverts
    Blue = Median rate
    Red = rate offered by more than 75% of adverts

Demand for Contract staff:

http://www.jobstats.co.uk/jobstats.d...71104.1155.png

If you've got a big mortgage to pay, you might be in for a bumpy ride.

Remember in the 80s when poor people had to borrow from legalised loan sharks? e.g. 40% APR loans. Perhaps a Plan B opportunity is about to appear
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Hi Guys

Glad you found the information useful. Rates certainly are looking a bit shaky! Can see a usual downturn in rates at this time of year but this time it certainly is more pronounced.

Obviously with the Citigroup, Merrill Lynch and Northern Rock news recently it is not surprising that the financial and banking contracts are on the dwindle as projects are shelved while the full extent of the sub-prime shenanigans unveils. Interesting times ahead I fear.

By way of an introduction - I took this site over recently from Nick who originally built it and am in the process of re-making to give more insights into the data. If you have any suggestions as to what you would like to see on the site then now is the time to shout.

Comment

Originally posted by jobstats.co.uk View Post
        Hi Guys

Glad you found the information useful. Rates certainly are looking a bit shaky! Can see a usual downturn in rates at this time of year but this time it certainly is more pronounced.

Obviously with the Citigroup, Merrill Lynch and Northern Rock news recently it is not surprising that the financial and banking contracts are on the dwindle as projects are shelved while the full extent of the sub-prime shenanigans unveils. Interesting times ahead I fear.

By way of an introduction - I took this site over recently from Nick who originally built it and am in the process of re-making to give more insights into the data. If you have any suggestions as to what you would like to see on the site then now is the time to shout.
        Hello JobStats. I used to use the site a lot.

Would be good to have better (interactive charts), clean up the skills (too many) and have contract rate trends by location.

Well done.

Doomed!

Comment

Hi Guys

Good luck with the site.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Hello JobStats. I used to use the site a lot.

Would be good to have better (interactive charts), clean up the skills (too many) and have contract rate trends by location.

Well done.

Doomed!
            Hi DimPrawn,

When kept up-to-date the site is incredibly useful and I hope I can get it back to a state where it is worth regularly returning.

We want to allow ineractive charts where you can specify time-frames and overlay skills to compare trends and rates for multiple skills.

The skill capturing is pretty ropey on the current system, we have greatly improved this and will also be breaking skills down in a more logical way to make it easier to navigate all the skills we find.

Geographical comparisons is a good idea, no reason why we should not be able to include these, thanks.

Comment

We want to allow ineractive charts where you can specify time-frames and overlay skills to compare trends and rates for multiple skills.

interactive

You need to add spelling rates to list of skills...

Comment

Please also include a chart which tracks atw's lunch against his weight gain/loss.

Comment

And one that tracks house prices against average and median wages going back 100 years.

Comment

I always wondered why the chart goes from september to september?

Wonder if we're on another rollercoaster like 2000-2003 ?

Comment

Working...
                    X