• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

look at the shiny metal go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

look at the shiny metal go

http://www.metalmarkets.org.uk/2007/...in-gold-price/

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...3-20761539.htm

Have fun,

Milan.

How are you invested in this?

Comment

I've a feeling tha GW might just attack Iran to take our minds off this sometime soon...

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
        How are you invested in this?
        He's not.

HTH
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

TazMan,

as you see,

SASGuru is my spokesman.

There are many ways to invest, buy some physical, buy some paper backed by physical, buy into the gold ETF etc.

All the best with your investments and remember I know nout so take advice from those more qualified to give it.

Milan.

Comment

The second article says
            "Earlier today, ETF Securities said ETFs (Exchange Traded Funds) 'Physical Gold' was the fastest growing gold ETF over the past four months, increasing by 1,200 pct, showing investor demand has picked up rapidly."

This doesn't appear to be correct. As far as I can research, it's (ticker: PHAU) up around 30%, broadly matching gold's actual price on which it is based.

I am watching for a good time to get into silver, which is yet to catch up on gold and other metals. Gold itself still has some way to go too.

Not that I'm clever enough to be have been in any commodity during the rise.

Comment

however
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

But with large amounts of gold held by central banks, it lays open the risk that the price can be manipulated by them in the say way as they abuse the money supply.

Alternative metals might be a better bet.

Comment

Noddy,

pray tell what those alternative metals might be and how the average Joe can invest in them aside of opening a scrap yard in his back garden.

Milan.

Comment

Platinum, Copper and Uranium springs to mind.

Comment

Working...
                    X