• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A great man

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A great man

"I believe there is an important distinction to be made between religion and spirituality. Religion I take to be concerned with belief in the claims to salvation of one faith tradition or another--an aspect of which is acceptance of some form of meta-physical or philosophical reality, including perhaps an idea of heaven or hell. Connected with this are religious teachings or dogma, ritual, prayers and so on. Spirituality I take to be concerned with those qualities of the human spirit--such as love and compassion, patience, tolerance, forgiveness, contentment, a sense of responsibility, a sense of harmony, which bring happiness to both self and others."

-His Holiness the Dalai Lama

ps: cross your fingers boys and girls I'm off to hospital on Sunday

Morning Lucy
    Nothing serious I hope?

Agreed, You should always judge a person by their actions not by their faith.
    Some of the worst offenders of human rights in history, have been deeply religious, some of the nicest people I know are devoid of any sense of religion.

Ps. Fingers crossed for you dear
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
      ps: cross your fingers boys and girls I'm off to hospital on Sunday
      You having some tightening done?

Of course if it's serious I apologise unreservedly
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

[quote=Lucy;334505ps: cross your fingers boys and girls I'm off to hospital on Sunday [/quote]

Best of luck Lucy, I'll be thinking of you next week
        It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Working...
        X