• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Diesel 00.9p a ltr buy it quick

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diesel 00.9p a ltr buy it quick

or does this mean 100.9p and the sign just doesn't have enough character spaces.

I wonder whether you could refuse to pay the 100.9p as it is advertised as 00.9 you know false advertising and all that.
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

It's gone up already, seen it at 01.9 per litre!

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
      It's gone up already, seen it at 01.9 per litre!
      Shocking

can't understand why people aren't going on strike like the last time as i'm sure it was more than this when people did strike last time !

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post
        or does this mean 100.9p and the sign just doesn't have enough character spaces.

I wonder whether you could refuse to pay the 100.9p as it is advertised as 00.9 you know false advertising and all that.
        As long as the price on the pump is right, that's what you legally have to pay.

There was a story some years back of a petrol station having the big sign up at (say) 50p a litre, but the price on the pump at 85p a litre. Customers saw the big one and thought that was the price, but it's the price on the pump that is the one you are obliged to pay.

Nothing illegal about what he was doing, but I can imagine a few kickings ensued.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I hate tax on fuel as i have to buy about £70 worth each week and until Public transport gets more reliable i can't use that.

Lets Strike

What do we want.......cheap fuel

when do we want it......now

what do we want.......cheap fuel

when do we want it......now

Who's joining me ????

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            As I recall it was about 82p/litre...
            Yes, and inflation is 1.8%

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post
              Shocking

can't understand why people aren't going on strike like the last time as i'm sure it was more than this when people did strike last time !
              I believe they want to, but the government has said they will lock them up for illegal protest if they do.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't diesel much cheaper than petrol many years ago? Call me a cynic but the price went up as it got more popular ergo protecting the government from any tax loss.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Don't forget all that extra tax is to pay for hard working nurses and the playing fields, or something like that.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Yes, and inflation is 1.8%

It is if you buy a plasma screen telly and an iPod every week, just like in the official government figures.

Comment

Working...
                    X