• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

some squirrel action

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some squirrel action

I put out some nuts at the weekend and dangled the bag on a 4ft piece of fine chord to try and fox the squirrels. First squirrel just grabbed the chord from above and winched up the bag and then scoffed away. Looks like it will be receiving a .22 pellet after all.

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    I put out some nuts at the weekend and dangled the bag on a 4ft piece of fine chord to try and fox the squirrels. First squirrel just grabbed the chord from above and winched up the bag and then scoffed away. Looks like it will be receiving a .22 pellet after all.
    is it legal to kill Grey Squirrels ?? we have loads of them near us taking the birds food i'm trying to train the dog to kill them but so far having no look
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Looks like it is,

"Grey squirrels are classified as vermin and as such it is legal to trap them with humane traps and then kill them. They can also be killed by a clean shot. Download our grey squirrel factsheet for more information."
      ( http://www.saveoursquirrels.org.uk/c...ey_Control.pdf )

The factsheet has sections such as 'Cranial Dispatch of Greys' !!!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Legal?

It's mandatory.

That RSPCA gimp that released the one trapped in a "squirrel proof" bird feeder committed an offence by releasing it...
        I've shot a few whilst out shooting but that was on private land so thought you were allowed. If it is mandatory to kill them then i think i'm going to have to step up the training program on the dog

Comment

Yes, you can kill the vermin.

My parents have a "humane" squirrel trap to catch them in. And then they kill them, in a humane way.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

My parents have a "humane" squirrel trap to catch them in. And then they kill them, in a humane way.
            Humane say no more

Comment

I think it is better to humanely catch them. Then hold them for 48 for interrogation under the Terrorist Act.

Perhaps apply psychological torture techniques to try and get a confession out of them. After that, charge them and let them stand trial. Then put them away for life.

Comment

With a big flipoff 12 bore?
                I haven't asked the despatch mechanism. I think it's more a bludgeoning to death rather than a shooting.

Dad wanted to pin the tails up as a souvenir, but the thought of having to explain to my girls what they were has deterred him. He keeps banging on about when he was younger you got paid a shilling (or something like that, I wasn't really listening) for taking a squirrel tail into the police.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Funny, if you took the e off the end of that word then that would be a completely different sentence - killing in a human way. Let's see - machette them, gas them, bomb them, radiate them, starve them, stab them, kick them to death, electrocute innanuts ...

Anyway, we should stop - I think I can hear AtW sobbing in the background.
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

With a big flipoff 12 bore?

When I first read that - I thought it said with a big flip flop!!! Jesus - I need my eyes testing.

Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X