• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

$2.10

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$2.10

Pound breaks through $2.10 Level

Anyone thinking of ways to cash in on this.

buying Dollars to hold for a few years.

Buying property in America.

or just a shopping trip
    Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Import an American muscle car or classic.

Buy a villa in Florida for rental market.

Buy land in the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Buy a villa in Florida for rental market.
      That's exactly the one I was thinking of. Florida will always have a holiday market. At current house prices over there and the weak dollar you would need a relatively small yield to cover costs.

Comment

Buy US shares.

US interest rates go down, shares go up - cheap for you and long term good when you sell and get back here.
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

It could go down further. You don't want any American assets to depreciate in value any further due to the weakening dollar.

George Soros is predicting a recession and Warren Buffet is buying companies that make their money outside America. Gisele Bundchen is also demanding payment in Euros now instead of USD.
          Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Yes, but the pound is likely to weaken against the dollar soon too, and so in effect, now might be a good time to buy?

Comment

I've started asking my clients to pay me in cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
                George Soros is predicting a recession and Warren Buffet is buying companies that make their money outside America. Gisele Bundchen is also demanding payment in Euros now instead of USD.
                Quick, dump the dollar now - a model is refusing to be paid in the US peso ... ?!?!

Think long term.
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Buy now

If it weakens further - buy more

Comment

Originally posted by Zorba View Post
                    I've started asking my clients to pay me in cheese.
                    Good idea !

Comment

Working...
                    X