• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iPhone - 2 days

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPhone - 2 days

2 days till the UK release of the iPhone.

I switched to O2 when my contract was up for renewal 8 months ago, to get the bundled Wii. And now the iPhone is out on O2 in a couple of days, exxcellent. That was a lucky choice as switching to the iPhone contract is free if you were an O2 customer before September's iPhone announcement (£219 otherwise). The iPhone will cost you £269, minus what you sell your iPod for on eBay if you have one.

So who else is going to get an iPhone? Cue heated debate for and against...

It seems to me if you put Apple on a product you can charge twice what it is worth
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
      2 days till the UK release of the iPhone.

I switched to O2 when my contract was up for renewal 8 months ago, to get the bundled Wii. And now the iPhone is out on O2 in a couple of days, exxcellent. That was a lucky choice as switching to the iPhone contract is free if you were an O2 customer before September's iPhone announcement (£219 otherwise). The iPhone will cost you £269, minus what you sell your iPod for on eBay if you have one.

So who else is going to get an iPhone? Cue heated debate for and against...

what and ditch my Nokia 3330 ?
      you must be mad....
      Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        It seems to me if you put Apple on a product you can charge twice what it is worth
        I think that's unfair, our very own Jonathan Ive is a great designer, and churns out some cool looking and functional designs. Are you telling me the iPod (Mr Ive's design again of course) isn't superior to other MP3 players in terms of ease of use?

Comment

Dont see the point. My mobile makes pefectly good phone calls already.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
            What he said.

Comment

The iPod is overpriced for what it is e.g. the iPod shuffle was poo, all other mini MP3s of the same price were better, yet people still bought it.

It's a fashion statement like those Ridiculous Nike Pumps all wiggers like to wear
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                And If MS release a product you pay the difference in support calls.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                  Unlimited web surfing/trolling over at CUK? iPod, movies, pop-corn trick?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toROK6C5U-Q

Oh, and chicks dig it too, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
                    Are you telling me the iPod (Mr Ive's design again of course) isn't superior to other MP3 players in terms of ease of use?

I will.

The IPod isn't superior to other MP3 players in terms of ease of use.

In my opinion it's not superior in any way at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X