• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anyone here worked for Logica CMG?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone here worked for Logica CMG?

As the title says.

I may be tempted by a permie offer (if it's offered of course) I've heard good things in the past but that was 3 years ago.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

with the greatest of respect to yourself and of course to LOG,

why would a contractor ever want to be a permie for a consultancy where his backside will simple bo sold at his former contract rates and he will get the balance minus the consultancy's profit and costs ?

confused

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      with the greatest of respect to yourself and of course to LOG,

why would a contractor ever want to be a permie for a consultancy where his backside will simple bo sold at his former contract rates and he will get the balance minus the consultancy's profit and costs ?

confused

Milan.
      There is one reason: to gain experience in a new technology.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working there now.... as a contractor....
        And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

From what I have been told, they like to test your burn out point

If you are looking for a career, and you are prepared to do what it takes ok.

I tried consulting for a while and was lucky with a few projects, then my luck changed I got out. Good experience, I know how to hit the ground running and pack in a hurry.

HTH
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
            From what I have been told, they like to test your burn out point

If you are looking for a career, and you are prepared to do what it takes ok.

I tried consulting for a while and was lucky with a few projects, then my luck changed I got out. Good experience, I know how to hit the ground running and pack in a hurry.

HTH
            Ah I see you're one of these Teflon, lightweight, fly-by-night contractors with no expertise who gives all contractors a bad name.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Ah I see you're one of these Teflon, lightweight, fly-by-night contractors with no expertise who gives all contractors a bad name.
              And you are a typical Seagull manager.

Swoops in, making a lot of noise, sh|ts on everyone and then buggers off.

Comment

It is new to me and I have been sadly lacking on the training front for a while now, it would also suit me as I am about to become a father for the first time so being half way across the country for most of the week isn't ideal, it's not as if it's forever.

In my imagination I'll come out the other side stronger, faster & fitter... if it doesn't work out I've lost nothing and I'll just take another contract.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Yes go permie.

Leave the contracting to the tough guys (and girls).

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    so being half way across the country for most of the week isn't ideal, it's not as if it's forever.
                    Surely as a consultant with them you will be shipped off wherever they win business?

Comment

Working...
                    X