• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many CUK members does it take to change a light bulb?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many CUK members does it take to change a light bulb?

Q: How many CUK forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

A: 1,445

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed;

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently;

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs;

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs;

53 to flame the spell checkers;

41 to correct spelling/grammar flames;

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb";

6 to condemn those 6 by telling them 'to get a life';

156 to pm various forum staff complaining that members posting in this topic are violating the TOS;

109 to post that this topic about light bulbs is not in the correct forum and for mods to please move this topic;

203 to demand that this topic is completely irrelevant for these forums and for a mod to please close the topic;

111 to defend the posting of this topic by saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this forum;

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty;

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs;

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's;

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this forum which makes light bulbs relevant to this forum;

33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too";

12 to post that they will no longer post in these forums because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy;

19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three";

4 to suggest that someone write up a FAQS tutorial about changing light bulbs;

44 to ask what a FAQS tutorial is;

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?";

143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs";

34 to mention other search engines you could use;

66 to start contemplating where the words "light bulb" originated;

1 forum administrator to post that the lightbulb controversy generated the most posts;

1 'n00b' to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.
    Coffee's for closers

I added up all numbers and it is actually 1446.

HTH

Comment

The correct answer is 0, none, nada. In a contractors forum, the help changes the light bulb (2 words).

HTH
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

are we talking about a fairly low weight not yet flourished flower? or the things that allows us to see in the dark?

assuming the latter:
        are we talking about an energy efficient lightbulb or a regular filament one?

these things are important..
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

... and someone to post that these posts regarding light bulbs are far inferior to the posts regarding light bulbs from t'olden days of CUK

Comment

are we talking about a fairly low weight not yet flourished flower?
            I suspect the former arcing across the terminals of a light socket would allow one to see in the dark quite well for a few tens of milliseconds and hence fit the bill, at which point you'd be back to square one.

Comment

You omitted the 130 complaints of racism because nobody asks questions about dark bulbs.

Comment

To be technically accurate and PC correct, it is indeed a dark bulb that is to be replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  To be technically accurate and PC correct, it is indeed a dark bulb that is to be replaced.
                  129 to go.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    I added up all numbers and it is actually 1446.

HTH
                    No it isn't, it's 1445.

HTH.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X