• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Manchester is the biggest s***hole in England

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manchester is the biggest s***hole in England

Manchester people 'left behind'
    Social breakdown in Manchester is significantly worse than in any other big English city, a survey by ex-Tory leader Iain Duncan Smith suggests. His Centre for Social Justice says Manchester's teenage pregnancy rate is almost double the England average.

The Centre for Social Justice says its report "paints a disturbing picture of educational failure, high levels of youth crime and unemployment, widespread family breakdown and severe alcohol abuse".
    I learn all I need to know about Manchester from Coronation Street.

And CUK of course.

however, for those of us who are not teeneage, deprived area living, alcoholics working as contractors life is pretty nice and rosy..

AND

"In Greater Manchester there are seven gun-related incidents every day - the number of firearms deaths is only higher in London"
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      "In Greater Manchester there are seven gun-related incidents every day - the number of firearms deaths is only higher in London"
      Yes, I did see that out of the 10 measures of sh*ttyness, Manchester only came out top in nine of them. Still, 9 golds and a silver aren't bad!

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
        Yes, I did see that out of the 10 measures of sh*ttyness, Manchester only came out top in nine of them. Still, 9 golds and a silver aren't bad!
        But at least they have a booming BTL market in the city centre.

Comment

Surprised it took so many golds if Liverpool was also in the game. I had a relative who was a DHSS investigator in the North West and she had some good plumbing the depths stories. Manchester is right down there but she always maintained Liverpool could go that bit lower.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
            Surprised it took so many golds if Liverpool was also in the game. I had a relative who was a DHSS investigator in the North West and she had some good plumbing the depths stories. Manchester is right down there but she always maintained Liverpool could go that bit lower.
            Yes, surprised me a bit too.

Comment

Manchester people 'left behind'I learn all I need to know about Manchester from Coronation Street.

And CUK of course.
              Confused.

Coronation Street is in Salford.

Salford and Manchester are two different cities in the county of Greater Manchester.

And the "severe alcohol abuse" could be blamed on the students.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

No I agree Manchester has some pretty big problems. There are parts which are well off but there are a lot where it is wall to wall chavs. The city centre is nice thanks to the paddys driving that van full of explosives into it and kick starting the regeneration.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Confused.

Coronation Street is in Salford.

Salford and Manchester are two different cities in the county of Greater Manchester.

And the "severe alcohol abuse" could be blamed on the students.
                  A remarkable apt avatar there SueEllen!
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    A remarkable apt avatar there SueEllen!
                    I spent some of the best years of my youth in Manchester.

Strangely I only got "ill" in other cities.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X