• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BT queue length

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BT queue length

I've been on the phone queue for over an hour now ... this is insane. How hard it is to get through?

Very

HTH
    Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

At least you are not calling Virgin Media's support number.

The call goes to India and it is a premium rate number, so even the most trivial of support calls cost you £££££

But that's Globalisation. It's great!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        At least you are not calling Virgin Media's support number.

The call goes to India and it is a premium rate number, so even the most trivial of support calls cost you £££££

But that's Globalisation. It's great!
        I found them to be ok, never had to queue and when i called them needing some advice on getting my wireless cable router set up they were helpful and quick.
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

if your phoning about broadband, my gf works in the call center and she just text me saying shes playing wii

Comment

Used to be able to press 0 at one stage and get right through. Bloke in an Indian call centre told me that, best advice I ever got!
            "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

I wonder if this is a mind game that BT is playing with us. They want to see how long we can wait on the line for some weird reasons.

1 hr 15 minutes now ... dum de dum ...

Comment

Originally posted by vhadiant View Post
                I've been on the phone queue for over an hour now ... this is insane. How hard it is to get through?
                Ring on a 'sales' related call and you get through a lot quicker and then get them to forward you to the area you want. Saying that the chances of the person you get through to actually helping you is very minimal. After a week or two of frustration I posted on a BBC Watchdog ( google it ) related web page and they rang me back that night and sort of got things sorted. I had also rung Ofcom and they were on the case. The levels of incompetence at BT are staggering but that's private enterprise for you with a bit of outsourcing thrown in for good measure.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                  Ring on a 'sales' related call and you get through a lot quicker and then get them to forward you to the area you want. Saying that the chances of the person you get through to actually helping you is very minimal. After a week or two of frustration I posted on a BBC Watchdog ( google it ) related web page and they rang me back that night and sort of got things sorted. I had also rung Ofcom and they were on the case. The levels of incompetence at BT are staggering but that's private enterprise for you with a bit of outsourcing thrown in for good measure.
                  If a contract working at/for BT ever comes up. One word of advice. Don't.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    If a contract working at/for BT ever comes up. One word of advice. Don't.

HTH
                    My last gig was with BT. Wasn't that bad at all. Ok rate, worked from home most of the time and very little pressure to get anything done. If you wanted a quiet life you could easily find a crack to fall down and hide yourself away in the system for years.

I suspect that there are a fair few contractors in there doing just that.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X