• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

have you met your agent?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have you met your agent?

I've been contracting with this agency for just over a year, have spoken over the phone a fair bit but today I finally met the agent and (dare i say it) he was not the person i envisaged at all.. and a general alright kinda bloke

in fact he looked just like an agent slightly gelled (although not too much) hair, pin striped suit, no tie (very fashionable nowadays compared to the huge knot of boy pimps a few years ago)

BUT, he was also quite a nice guy.. even bought him a pint at lunch
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Originally posted by chef View Post
    BUT, he was also quite a nice guy.. even bought him a pint at lunch
    I've met mine about 5 times and he's bought lunch on every occasion... you say you bought him a pint? Pimps should be looking after their whores not the other way round.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

what can i say, im a generous person and he bought the lunch.. lamb roast

Comment

Did you push him for a dessert?
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I'd to talk to my agent. Through a medium.

HTH

Comment

Agent

Mine arranged to meet me and buy lunch three times, cancelling 15 mins before each time - I felt properly stood-up. He did send me a crate of beer to make amends and, to be honest, I'd rather get sent a crate of beers than have lunch bought any time. Eventually met him the week before he left for another job. He seemed OK if slightly sticky. Then, after he left, I didn't get paid for two months because of some admin error on his part.
            35,000 TPD - 28/11/2007, 19:15
            (Special Sportsmanship credit to NickFitz)

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              Did you push him for a dessert?
              no, i would have but thought i'd go for the "need to get back" line so we could discuss my rate on the way back..

worked like a dream

Comment

Yep. Met mine.

Agent was worried that I would run after a week like the guy who took the role before me. Agent is still worried that I will run so telephones me frequently especially at 8.45am in the morning when I'm still in bed.

Agent is slim, female, blonde and about 6ft and makes me feel like a midget.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Agent is slim, female, blonde and about 6ft and makes me feel like a midget.
                  Yeah, those stilletto heels will make Gargantua feel a midget...

Anyway, she probably fancies you.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Yeah, those stilletto heels will make Gargantua feel a midget...

Anyway, she probably fancies you.
                    I bl***y hope not.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X