• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Changing my mortgage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing my mortgage

Does it really cost £1970 for a survey???
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Cost of a survey will depend on the size and value of the property. I presume you are getting a building survey done? If it's being done for a mortgage lender this costs more than an independent survey.

Comment

Full structural survey is expensive, but probably not worth it.

Every survey I've had has failed to spot the problems with the property, so I'd just go with the cheapest one available. Even if they do spot problems, then they are so full of caveats that you won't get anything out of them.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Every survey I've had has failed to spot the problems with the property
        Aren't they responsible for any issues found int he future after they OKed the building?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Aren't they responsible for any issues found int he future after they OKed the building?

Nah! Get outta here
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

You shouldn't need a survey, just a valuation??
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              Does it really cost £1970 a month for an agent to bill a client for me?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                Full structural survey is expensive, but probably not worth it.

Every survey I've had has failed to spot the problems with the property, so I'd just go with the cheapest one available. Even if they do spot problems, then they are so full of caveats that you won't get anything out of them.
                We need a nodding icon.

If the survey misses something you are about as likely to get compensation as Milan is to correctly cable up his wendy house.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Nah! Get outta here
                  If they are not responsible for anything wrong with the survey, then why the heck they charge so much?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    If they are not responsible for anything wrong with the survey, then why the heck they charge so much?

Coz they can!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X