• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Passport applications

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passport applications

Good news for anyone needing to apply for passports (I am just getting one for my daughter for our Winter Caribbean holiday).

All first passport applications, must be signed by "a professional person, or a person of standing in the community".

And who does that include?

http://www.ips.gov.uk/passport/apply-countersign.asp

Chairman/director of limited company

Everyone I work with is a director of an Ltd. company, so no shortage there....

List is way too limited IMO. In fact I think it is a load of bull to have this counter-signature, I mean, wtf, there is a photo, address etc and they ask for counter-signature of some person, what, maybe they plan to take this person hostage in case of a problem or something? Anachronism, especially given that programmers are not counters as profession good enough to counter-sign

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      given that programmers are not counters as profession good enough to counter-sign
      Chan

So they got something right, must be a first for the PO.
      If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Working...
      X