• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ccie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ccie

Sat, and passed yesterday.

Quite easily the hardest thing I've ever done, by a significant factor.

18 months of pure hard work, enormous amounts of time, cash and energy not to mention my near withdrawal from any kind of social life.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

and what will you be doing in your job with that qualification, putting ends on fly leads !

which is the highest, ccna isn't it ?

Milan.

Comment

Highest you could achieve - yeah probably CCNA.

next job is up to me really but opens many doors and more importantly I'll be expecting at hefty rate rise.

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Top dog on the help desk now? Congrats.

Comment

Nice one. Congrats Snaw.

Comment

Sorry what's ccie?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Sorry what's ccie?
              Chan

Full explanation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cisco_Kid
              If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

I think it's Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert or something like that, damn acronyms!

Hmmm you've just got this yet you think the CCNA is higher? Tell me you just humouring the comment?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Sorry what's ccie?
                  Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert.

Hardest, most respected, technical exam there is, bar none. 18 months of pure hell, 8 hours of practical lab exam which requires you to pass a written exam first to be able to qualify to sit (Only able to sit the lab in Brussels in this part of the world), 80% pass mark with a failure rate of over 70% (3% of people pass it first time, I'm not one of them), and an expensive undertaking (I've spent around £12,000 approx on it).

Comment

Crikey.

Comment

Working...
                    X