• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm wanted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm wanted

I had to get the bus to the train station this morning - I know Uch! Had I not got a bit pished last night and left the car at the station this rather unfortunate situation could have been avoided... It's OK I'm over it now (just about!)

Anyway - there is a stop about 400m from the station and a level crossing right at it. I skipped the stop and waited for the bus to stop at the level crossing and asked the driver if he'd let me out.

In the past this hasn't been a problem they've just opened the doors and that's that... but not today. When I asked the nice driver if he'd let me off he told me I could open the door myself by pressing a red button and it was up to me if I did or not. Then he said that as long as I was caught doing it on the CCTV it was OK with him - so I did.

What happens next? I don't think I've ever given a mugshot to the rozzers so how will they follow this up? Will I be on the next episode of crimewatch with an appeal for any information leading to my whereabouts? It was a heinous crime after all and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if our trusted government expended the necessary resources following it up - I mean if there's a fine to be collected why leave money on the table?

Anyway - if I don't post for a while it will probably be because I'm laying low somewhere for a while until the heat wears off..
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

The HSE will probably shoot you dead.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

At least he suggested a way of opening the door.

I remember an occassion when a driver wouldn't even open both sets of doors at a stop. Apparently there is an in and and out door and when, in a packed bus I asked to be let out the front door (which he was about to have to open anyway to let the new passengers on) he refused and waited until everyone was off the bus before opening the front door.

I felt I was justified in calling him a jobsworth twat.

Comment

Working...
      X