• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Desparately seeking plan B...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desparately seeking plan B...

So, having been contracting for 2 years, I've got no debts (aside from the mortgage) and am fairly cash liquid. What's everyone else's plan B? Skiing flats in Bulgaria? Chip shop? Extortion rackets?
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Keep your cash dry, bad times are coming for Plan Bs.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
      So, having been contracting for 2 years, I've got no debts (aside from the mortgage) and am fairly cash liquid. What's everyone else's plan B? Skiing flats in Bulgaria? Chip shop? Extortion rackets?
      Internet marketing - doesn't take that much capital either, just learning curve
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Loan sharking. Just invest in a couple of Eastern European heavies and you're away.

Comment

I have a number of business plans that are ready for a cash injection and some additional resourcing.

in return for equity of course
          Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
            Internet marketing - doesn't take that much capital either, just learning curve
            Jog On, is there a way to leverage this easily (or with additional capital investment) in order to increase the amount it returns?

Comment

Become an Insolvency agent...next big thing
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Recruitment Consultant? lol

Comment

Invest in an emerging market, my plan B is building holiday apartment in Goa India. The economy is growing, and there will be a growing middle class who will be looking to take holidays. I also expect the value of the rupee to increase over the next few years.

The problem with some development in Eastern Europe is the locals can’t afford to buy or rent the property. The property exists in a bubble that can burst at any time.

Well that’s my plan B for the winter months, now on to plan C for the rest of the year.

Plan C anyone
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                    Invest in an emerging market, my plan B is building holiday apartment in Goa India. The economy is growing, and there will be a growing middle class who will be looking to take holidays. I also expect the value of the rupee to increase over the next few years.

The problem with some development in Eastern Europe is the locals can’t afford to buy or rent the property. The property exists in a bubble that can burst at any time.

Well that’s my plan B for the winter months, now on to plan C for the rest of the year.

Plan C anyone
                    Yeah, good luck, maybe you can rent it to the abundance of street rats there.

Comment

Working...
                    X