• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Beaujolais run

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beaujolais run

Is this still popular? Anyone taking part? I saw a Porsche the other morning with stickers advertising this, when I was a kid the RAF smashed the record by using a Harrier Jump Jet… I can't see that being beat for a while.

I like a glass of red every now and then but it can't be that good can it?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Is this still popular? Anyone taking part? I saw a Porsche the other morning with stickers advertising this, when I was a kid the RAF smashed the record by using a Harrier Jump Jet… I can't see that being beat for a while.

I like a glass of red every now and then but it can't be that good can it?
    Yes the Beaujolais hype is a brilliant marketing ploy by French vintners. They must be laughing all the way to the bank. It isn't that good.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Yes the Beaujolais hype is a brilliant marketing ploy by French vintners. They must be laughing all the way to the bank. It isn't that good.
      Yes but speeding through France makes it worthwhile

DA in "I have'nt yet learned my lesson" mode
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Quite fancy doing this...

http://www.plymouth-dakar.co.uk/
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

The enjoyment is the drive etc

I admit - Beaujolais not really my favourite.

We do the Le Mans 24 Heures every year and the drive down is fantastic
          Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post

All cars must cost less than £100 and you get a £15 preparation limit, who’s got that big blu Volvo?
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

That looks good! I always get really jealous when I watch programs like the Long Way Down.

I can see it now..Team CUK

Comment

Team CUK
                More like CUK-UP
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by ~Craig~ View Post
                  That looks good! I always get really jealous when I watch programs like the Long Way Down.

I can see it now..Team CUK
                  I had a friend who did the banger one, great fun, he did cheat a bit by getting an old Merc 190 though (like that will ever break down)
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I've been eyeing that one up for a while now. Problem is they've tightened up the requiremtns on the vehicles so it has to be LHD now or one of the countries involved wont let you in.

Now if I could lay my hands on a cheap LHD landy.......
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X