• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newbie error

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie error

After being married for awhile.. I should have known better.

I forgot the 'give and forget' present mantra. Always get the woman a gift you can hand to her and get kudos for and then go and watch the tellie or down the pub.. never EVER get her a present that involves spending 'quality time together' doing something really boring.

I am now stuck going to the musical Grease tonight

I should have got her a waffle iron.

Schoolboy error, dear boy, schoolboy error.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

I always find my waffles are of such a resonable presentational standard that I don't really feel the need to iron them.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Stop waffling on.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
          . never EVER get her a present that involves spending 'quality time together'
          I beg to differ

try here
          Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

I always find my waffles are of such a resonable presentational standard that I don't really feel the need to iron them.

Nah chicks dig ironing stuff.

Comment

I am now stuck going to the musical Grease tonight
              Alcohol prior to the start is your only hope.

Comment

Bear - You only get lucky on birthdays?

Comment

Alcohol prior to the start is your only hope.
                  Agreed, and when you are 3 sails to the wind, you get up on that there stage and show 'em how it's really done, tiger !
                  Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Nah chicks dig ironing stuff.
                    I suppose if you were hungry in a B&B away from home, Ironing waffles could be a simple cooking solution
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X