• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PC Game advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC Game advice

Now that I've finally got some spare time on my hands I'm kind of interested to rediscover a few things that I enjoy - books & beer, weekends doing things outside my study etc, computer games!

I been out of touch, not played a PC game for nearly 2 years. I have no idea what great games I've missed in that time - so I'm looking for advice - strategy type games - like the total war series, or RPG's, championship manager (No wait, that's always good).

Any advice welcome? (I'll take all the sarky remarks no doubt coming my way if I get one gem of a game).
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Get Company of Heroes - original one, not the expansion (Opposing Fronts are not as good as original), this is WW2 RTS, but superb one - it is probably the first RTS since Warcraft that really blown me away.

The RTS element is not that important - graphics is awesome.

Also you can try BioShock if you liked System Shock then you should like it too.

Comment

Well, there is one that I cannot recommend. It kept crashing.

Colin McRae Helicopter Simulator

Comment

Football Manager is better than Championship Manager -Sports Interactive lost the rights to the CM name, but kept the basis of the game and the database, and bought the name Football Manager. Much, much better.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

World of Warcraft with a microphone for raiding and kiss your life goodbye.

Comment

There's a whole world out there!

Take up S.C.U.B.A Diving, Hang Gliding, Climbing, Skiing, Motocross, Trails Riding.

Real excitement, not secondhand or fantasy thrills.
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              Yes very real, like running out of oxygen whilst diving

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                There's a whole world out there!

Take up S.C.U.B.A Diving, Hang Gliding, Climbing, Skiing, Motocross, Trails Riding.

Diver, your making the assumption that wanting to play computer games = musn't get out much.

I do plenty of adrenalaine sports, and I do some sort of fitness stuff around 5 days a week, so relax with the getting out advice. I'm just after some decent PC games to play on a wet, winter wednesday night when my daughters in bed and I got some spare time.
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Yes very real, like running out of oxygen whilst diving
                  AtW, I never figured you for a couch potato
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Supreme Commander is supposed to be nice, and allegedly supports dual screens.

<Zorba in 'waiting to buy a new PC' mode>

Comment

Working...
                    X