PDA

View Full Version : PC Game advice

snaw
9th November 2007, 17:38
Now that I've finally got some spare time on my hands I'm kind of interested to rediscover a few things that I enjoy - books & beer, weekends doing things outside my study etc, computer games!

I been out of touch, not played a PC game for nearly 2 years. I have no idea what great games I've missed in that time - so I'm looking for advice - strategy type games - like the total war series, or RPG's, championship manager (No wait, that's always good).

Any advice welcome? (I'll take all the sarky remarks no doubt coming my way if I get one gem of a game).

AtW
9th November 2007, 17:41
Get Company of Heroes - original one, not the expansion (Opposing Fronts are not as good as original), this is WW2 RTS, but superb one - it is probably the first RTS since Warcraft that really blown me away.

The RTS element is not that important - graphics is awesome.

Also you can try BioShock if you liked System Shock then you should like it too.

chubba
9th November 2007, 17:44
Well, there is one that I cannot recommend. It kept crashing.

Colin McRae Helicopter Simulator :music:

TheFaQQer
9th November 2007, 19:36
Football Manager is better than Championship Manager -Sports Interactive lost the rights to the CM name, but kept the basis of the game and the database, and bought the name Football Manager. Much, much better.

eliquant
10th November 2007, 00:06
World of Warcraft with a microphone for raiding and kiss your life goodbye.

Diver
10th November 2007, 00:13
There's a whole world out there!

Take up S.C.U.B.A Diving, Hang Gliding, Climbing, Skiing, Motocross, Trails Riding.

Real excitement, not secondhand or fantasy thrills.

AtW
10th November 2007, 00:16

Yes very real, like running out of oxygen whilst diving :eyes

snaw
10th November 2007, 00:26
There's a whole world out there!

Take up S.C.U.B.A Diving, Hang Gliding, Climbing, Skiing, Motocross, Trails Riding.

Diver, your making the assumption that wanting to play computer games = musn't get out much.

I do plenty of adrenalaine sports, and I do some sort of fitness stuff around 5 days a week, so relax with the getting out advice. I'm just after some decent PC games to play on a wet, winter wednesday night when my daughters in bed and I got some spare time.

Diver
10th November 2007, 00:26
Yes very real, like running out of oxygen whilst diving :eyes

AtW, I never figured you for a couch potato :D

Zorba
10th November 2007, 00:59
Supreme Commander is supposed to be nice, and allegedly supports dual screens.

<Zorba in 'waiting to buy a new PC' mode>

Diver
10th November 2007, 01:25
Diver, your making the assumption that wanting to play computer games = musn't get out much.

I do plenty of adrenalaine sports, and I do some sort of fitness stuff around 5 days a week, so relax with the getting out advice. I'm just after some decent PC games to play on a wet, winter wednesday night when my daughters in bed and I got some spare time.

My sincerest apologies snaw. it was the snaw that threw me ZZZZzzzzzz gedit :D

Zorba
10th November 2007, 01:30
I don't geddit. Is it because I is sleepin'?

Jog On
11th November 2007, 10:11
WoW all the way