• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lotteries or SKAs make you rich

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lotteries or SKAs make you rich

I should have realised this a long time ago.

Only lotteries can really make you rich because they give you the illusion that you can always be rich. Anything else just brings you problems. House prices can go down, inflation, fear of losing your job, etc.

The only real rich people are the ones that believe they will be in the future (like AtW), not the ones that are afraid to lose what they have.

So my suggestion is to either buy a lottery ticket each week or work on your own SKA.*

*The probability of success is more or less the same in both cases
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Or have connections to the political uberclasses:

Wife of former Downing Street policy adviser Lord Birt set to land £2 billion ID card contract
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Comment

It is (now) more important for me to do what I want to do rather than pure wealth. If I was stuck in a carppy job even at £100k pa then I am sure I would be unhappy, where as if I do what I want then even £20k pa would do.

Comment

SKAs?

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie000 View Post
          SKAs?
          We have no time to explain what SKA means to newbies. Read all the current 6600 posts of AtW and the 20000 posts on the former CUK board.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Here's a clue - A skua is a bird that goes around scavenging and stealing rotting odds and ends and then vomiting them up in digestable bits for its dependents.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Here's a clue - A skua is a bird that goes around scavenging and stealing rotting odds and ends and then vomiting them up in digestable bits for its dependents.
              I've seen worse business models

Comment

Lotteries give you an injection of cash; there's no ongoing income. If you wanted to live a "rich" lifestyle, how far would £20m cash get you?
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  how far would £20m cash get you?
                  A couple of divorces

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    A couple of divorces
                    ROFLOL, Class!
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X