• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One heck of a Pimp

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One heck of a Pimp

Hi
    I recently come across a pimp who tried to cheat me.
    Is there any place we can complain on such Agents?

Last week I went for an interview for a permanent job. Employer was happy to offer me job.
    But The Job agent in between is acting too smart.
    He called me to tell that the employer wants to offer me the job, and he was trying persuade me to take me this job. His usual ranting went on and on .. end of the call, dialogue goes like this

Pimp: Apart from this role are you interviewing any where?
    Me: Yes I do (I want to be in best position for salary negotiation, in fact I had couple other interviews too)
    Pimp: May I know which company it is?
    Me: I would rather not say ….
    Pimp: No I understand your concern .. I am trying to understand where do I stand .. and weather should I convince the employer for more salary…
    Me: I am interviewing with XYZ (some random name, which came in to mind at that time)
    Pimp: I know .. I know.. is it through agency?
    Me: Yes
    Pimp: Which agency?
    Me: ABC (again random name)
    Pimp: I know I used to work there before.. who is the person acting on behalf of you?
    Me: Mr Joe Bloggs (again I gave him random name)

Next day I was getting ready for my actual interview then I got a call from a person he was claiming that he works for ABC and he told me that interview with XYZ is canceled and position was closed.
    I was shocked, all those names are made-up and This Pimp was the only one I told these details.
    So for me it obvious that this Pimp is walking an ‘extra mile’ to make me to accept the Job.
    Apparently this guy is REC recognized.
    Did any one come across such incident?
    How do I deal with such situation?
    Should I tell employer about this agency?
    Last edited by Singleton; 12 November 2007, 11:56.
    Reality keeps ruining my life...

Originally posted by Singleton View Post
    Is there any place we can complain on such
    No. Next...

Comment

Go round his office Friday night and post fish heads and maggots through the letter box.

Comment

He sounds a bit thick, as plan goes this one has more holes in it than swiss cheese.

Comment

tell your mum and dad and them what you should do

it's a funny story I am impressed

funny thing to do would be to tell the agent about this funny thing that happened, say to him, funny thing happened to me today, I had a call about that other job that I told you about and the caller said the job is cancelled, strangest thing is I made up all the information and you are the only person I told

put it on the table, see what he says

Milan.

Comment

He'll say 'right, I'll tell the client you don't want the job'.

Do you?

Comment

What a shocker

NAME and SHAME
              Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Originally posted by Singleton View Post
                Hi
                I recently come across a pimp who tried to cheat me.
                Is there any place we can complain on such Agents?

Last week I went for an interview for a permanent job. Employer was happy to offer me job.
                But The Job agent in between is acting too smart.
                He called me to tell that the employer wants to offer me the job, and he was trying persuading me to take me this job. His usual ranting went on and on .. end of the call, dialogue goes like this

Pimp: Apart from this role are you interviewing any where?
                Me: Yes I do (I want to be in best position for salary negotiation, in fact I had couple other interviews too)
                Pimp: May I know which company it is?
                Me: I would rather not say ….
                Pimp: No I understand your concern .. I am trying to understand where do I stand .. and weather should I convince the employer for more salary…
                Me: I am interviewing with XYZ (some random name, which came in to mind at that time)
                Pimp: I know .. I know.. is it through agency?
                Me: Yes
                Pimp: Which agency?
                Me: ABC (again random name)
                Pimp: I know I used to work there before.. who is the person acting on behalf of you?
                Me: Mr Joe Bloggs (again I gave him random name)

Next day I was getting ready for my actual interview then I got a call from a person he was claiming that he works for ABC and he told me that interview with XYZ is canceled and position was closed.
                I was shocked, all those names are made-up and This Pimp was the only one I told these details.
                So for me it obvious that this Pimp is walking an ‘extra mile’ to make me to accept the Job.
                Apparently this guy is REC recognized.
                Did any one come across such incident?
                How do I deal with such situation?
                Should I tell employer about this agency?
                You sound a bit foreign unless I have missed my guess. There is little you can do about such underhanded activity. My advice would be to go contract in a country where they speak your first language and leave us to deal with unscrupulous agents over here

HTH
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                  tell your mum and dad and them what you should do

it's a funny story I am impressed

funny thing to do would be to tell the agent about this funny thing that happened, say to him, funny thing happened to me today, I had a call about that other job that I told you about and the caller said the job is cancelled, strangest thing is I made up all the information and you are the only person I told

put it on the table, see what he says

Milan.
                  Exactly, I was planning to do the same.
                  But bit hesitant… This guy got my details and crocked idiot like him can come back with some more troubles!
                  Reality keeps ruining my life...

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    You sound a bit foreign unless I have missed my guess. There is little you can do about such underhanded activity. My advice would be to go contract in a country where they speak your first language and leave us to deal with unscrupulous agents over here

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X