• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iFlop

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iFlop

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/11/11/iphone_uk_flop/

Journalists and PR minders outnumbered buyers on Friday night as interest in Apple's iPhone miserably failed to live up to the pre-launch hype in the UK.
    Coffee's for closers

Wrong market - people in this country are not used to paying £250 for a mobile phone, they want to get it free even if it means they will pay a lot more over an annual period.

Comment

There was a queue outside the O2 shop near Liverpool Street on Friday. The Register has a history of being anti-apple but I think they are mostly right on this one. I've kept my blackberry and bought and ipod touch (which is pretty f'n coool)
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I think Apple missed a trick with some of the features on first revision and there has been no communication to show that they had included these missing features in the UK revision so it has put a lot of people off. I for one was hoping that the UK revision would have included someof the features that were missed first time round...and it is pretty expensive...

I do like the iPOD touch though and am hoping santa will bring me one for Xmas...to save me buying one...
        "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

When it goes 3G is when I'll be in line to get one...
          Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Someone I know bought one over the weekend and demonstrated it in the office today.

It's really quite awesome - as a boy's toy..

Comment

So, hands up if you bought one at the w/end.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob View Post
                When it goes 3G is when I'll be in line to get one...
                I'll be interested once it becomes usable as a phone and I can text properly on it.

But by then, something will be better.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
                  I think Apple missed a trick with some of the features on first revision and there has been no communication to show that they had included these missing features in the UK revision so it has put a lot of people off. I for one was hoping that the UK revision would have included someof the features that were missed first time round...and it is pretty expensive...
                  Which features is it missing? It doesn't have a 3G chip inside and therefore any features requing a 3G chip can't be added.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
                    Which features is it missing? It doesn't have a 3G chip inside and therefore any features requing a 3G chip can't be added.

tim

I cannot recall if it was MMS or not but there seemed to be a few features that I would have expected in it. I will have to dig out the link to the review that I read...
                    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Working...
                    X