• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Driving down the M40

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driving down the M40

Driving down the M40 last night, on my way to rented accomodation, I was musing a little on my weekend and the fact that I hadnt looked at CUK muchly. A dark coloured estate pulled in front of me and I noticed the reg.
    109 ATW.
    I pulled over slightly to get directly behind, flipped up the safety cover with my right thumb, lined up the cross hairs then pressed the firing button hard. The twin brownings chattered loudly in my ears and the empty cases flew off into the night. The tracer arced lazily over the target, I took my finger off the firing button, must conserve ammo. Must aim off for range.
    The enemy was alert now, he knew I was in his 6 c'clock, increased speed in a futile attempt to escape. I accelerated and side slipped into the fast lane, lined him up in my sights, aimed low and fired.
    The thick oily smoke began to trail from his engine as the tracers struck home and I could see him frantically trying to open his canopy. Sorry my friend, for you the war is over, in the corner of a foreign field.

hey ho,
    should I have a swig of my orange, or tune in to 'a week in Westminster' ?

The things you do to while away an idle minute whilst driving down the M40

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Driving down the M40 last night, on my way to rented accomodation, I was musing a little on my weekend and the fact that I hadnt looked at CUK muchly. A dark coloured estate pulled in front of me and I noticed the reg.
    109 ATW.
    I pulled over slightly to get directly behind, flipped up the safety cover with my right thumb, lined up the cross hairs then pressed the firing button hard. The twin brownings chattered loudly in my ears and the empty cases flew off into the night. The tracer arced lazily over the target, I took my finger off the firing button, must conserve ammo. Must aim off for range.
    The enemy was alert now, he knew I was in his 6 c'clock, increased speed in a futile attempt to escape. I accelerated and side slipped into the fast lane, lined him up in my sights, aimed low and fired.
    The thick oily smoke began to trail from his engine as the tracers struck home and I could see him frantically trying to open his canopy. Sorry my friend, for you the war is over, in the corner of a foreign field.

hey ho,
    should I have a swig of my orange, or tune in to 'a week in Westminster' ?

The things you do to while away an idle minute whilst driving down the M40

Well you must have only winged the gormless muppet, for he is back on here again today assaulting us all with his witless gibbering. Next week try something a bit more heavy duty, or at least call in an Air Strike FFS!!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

i think it's all a con and that AtW is actually not a russki IT geek with an unusual adoration for squirrels but is in fact a lonely but very highly respected financier who talks with a silver spoon..

.. possibly
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        i think it's all a con and that AtW is actually not a russki IT geek with an unusual adoration for squirrels but is in fact a lonely but very highly respected financier who talks with a silver spoon..

.. possibly
        I am atw. The character amuses me sometimes ...
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

I have different private registration on my car, it reminds me that on one hand I can make silly mistakes too, and on another hand whatever I am going through is better than what I had back then. You will never guess the reg, here is a hint for you: *4 ***, all *'s are letters

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            I have different private registration on my car, it reminds me that on one hand I can make silly mistakes too, and on another hand whatever I am going through is better than what I had back then. You will never guess the reg, here is a hint for you: *4 ***, all *'s are letters
            are they W N K and R?
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              are they W N K and R?
              No. Next...

Comment

You will never guess the reg, here is a hint for you: *4 ***, all *'s are letters
                P, N, S, and Y?
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

B4 SKA
                  The vegetarian option.

Comment

So you can do it with either hand then AtW?
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X