• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

working away from home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

working away from home

A thought over the weekend (i do get them occasionally) for those who work away from home 5 days a week and rent, doesnt that technically mean you now "live" wherever rented accomodation is and visit your "Home" at weekends?

not for tax purposes, but more from the "hi my name's Chef, I live in ... " when meeting new people

.. just a thought
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

It depends on where work is, and if you want to admit to being there.
    I am still resident in Zurich
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Ich bin ein Hamburger.

Nah, don't think so somehow.

Comment

resident as in you work there 5 days a week, or resident as in the place you would be if you were "on the bench" ?
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          A thought over the weekend (i do get them occasionally) for those who work away from home 5 days a week and rent, doesnt that technically mean you now "live" wherever rented accomodation is and visit your "Home" at weekends?

not for tax purposes, but more from the "hi my name's Chef, I live in ... " when meeting new people

.. just a thought
          No, I have been doing this for donkeys years, and, believe me, you try to switch off, not get involved, try to blast through it all as quickly and as zombified as possible.
          Its ok while its a novelty but it soon becomes very tough

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
          X