• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ex con to advise Cons on Prison reform

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ex con to advise Cons on Prison reform

Jonathan Aitken to advise on prison reform, what next, Jefferey Archer back to lecture on morals?

It's almost like Cameron trying to help Brown, by shooting himself in the foot
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

At least he'll be able to speak from experience when he puts forward any proposals.

Comment

So you think it's a good thing to have a convicted perjurer advising the shadow cabinet on prison reform. Maybe they could get some crack hos to look into the legalisation of drugs or a fraudster to look into tax reform.

It beggars belief!
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        So you think it's a good thing to have a convicted perjurer advising the shadow cabinet on prison reform. Maybe they could get some crack hos to look into the legalisation of drugs or a fraudster to look into tax reform.

It beggars belief!
        Hey? Hiring a host of crooked liars and charlatans to offer advice on policy hasn't prevented NL from retaining office way past their sell-by date! If you can't beat 'em.........
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Murder1 View Post
          At least he'll be able to speak from experience when he puts forward any proposals.
          First recommendation, soap on a rope.

Comment

The only difference between this liar and a NL one is this one got caught and was sent down.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

So it's a wise move then by Cameron?

Comment

So it's a wise move then by Cameron?
                It's not Cameron who did it.

Comment

The only difference between.. oh sod, Tony English beat me to it!
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Jonathan Aitken to advise on prison reform, what next, Jefferey Archer back to lecture on morals?

It's almost like Cameron trying to help Brown, by shooting himself in the foot
                    Better was Galloway’s “bon mot du soir” on Question Time:

“Blair's current appointment as a Middle East peace envoy was a bit like posthumously appointing Harold Shipman as chairman of Help the Aged”
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X