• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Turkey off the menu

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey off the menu

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7091284.stm

I think the birds are faking it with Xmas coming up.

bootiful
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post

I usually have Duck or Pork, not T'key.

Saves having to put up with endless boring Turkey dishes made with leftovers: Turkey salad, Turkey sandwiches, Turkey kebabs, Turkey burgers, Turkey.....ad infinitum until well into the New Year.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        I usually have Duck or Pork, not T'key.

Saves having to put up with endless boring Turkey dishes made with leftovers: Turkey salad, Turkey sandwiches, Turkey kebabs, Turkey burgers, Turkey.....ad infinitum until well into the New Year.
        Top tip. Buy a smaller, tastier, organic Turkey. Quality not quantity.

A Turkey the size of an elephant is not natural.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Top tip. Buy a smaller, tastier, organic Turkey. Quality not quantity.

A Turkey the size of an elephant is not natural.
          True enough, but T'key is not my fav' meat at Xmas anyway. By the time I've graced the table of a couple of work Xmas parties, which normally have a Turkey set menu, I've had my fill of it for the season.

So for my own Xmas din dins, I'll probably stick to roast 'Donald' or 'Pinky/Perky' or even go for Organic Free Range Chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post

Maybe following on from their chicken-Great Escape, Aardman Studios could do a Turkey Masada (or Marsala).

"take their victory from them...and they will remember you"

Comment

Goose this year, traditional an' all that.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Be sure to baste your goose regularly!

another top tl tip.

Comment

Bird Flu in Norfolk. More slaughter
                  5,000 birds - turkeys, geese and ducks - are to be slaughtered.
                  Preliminary tests showed the turkeys had the H5 strain of bird flu. The RSPB, quoted in the Guardian, warns against the assumption that the disease had spread to poultry from wild birds. , No wild birds have been found with avian flu in Europe since late August and the autumn migration is now largely over.

nd what makes things worse the outbreak is in a "free range" farm.

Comment

Working...
                  X