• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

After Dinner Mints

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After Dinner Mints

After the choccy thread I wondered if anyone has a favourite ADM, either for dinner parties or just scoffing in front of the telly.

My favourites are easy: Bendicks Bitter Mints. £2.99 from Sainsbury for about 10 in a box. I love the icy extra strong taste of the mint fondant and the dark, dark 90% 'proof' choccy coating.

Once you've developed a taste for these, you won't want to go back to the sweeter After Eight type mints.

Comment

Denny I prefer nutty chocolate, anything with nuts (Brzil nuts, Ferrero Rocher , nuts M&M, sugered chocolate almonds)

I find the nuts to perfect complement to chocolate

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
        Denny I prefer nutty chocolate, anything with nuts (Brzil nuts, Ferrero Rocher , nuts M&M, sugered chocolate almonds)

I find the nuts to perfect complement to chocolate
        I like nutty chocs too.

Have you ever tried Milk choccy covered Macadamia Nuts, Sandy, particularly the ones that are thinly coated with hard toffee around the nut under the chocolate coating? If not, try them. They are the bees knees. It's impossible to just eat one.

You can buy them in England, but they're not so easy to find. They are sold in packs of three boxes in Far East airports though, as they're normally exported from Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
          I like nutty chocs too.

Have you ever tried Milk choccy covered Macadamia Nuts, Sandy, particularly the ones that are thinly coated with hard toffee around the nut under the chocolate coating? If not, try them. They are the bees knees. It's impossible to just eat one.

You can buy them in England, but they're not so easy to find. They are sold in packs of three boxes in Far East airports though, as they're normally exported from Australia.

I haven't seen them Denny, I love Macadamia, and think it would taste like buttery heaven with the choc

In the far-east I also found they have choc chestnuts, which I also love, and sell packs of roasted peeled chestnuts in most shops , why don't they have healthy snacks in this country (can't eat too much dried fruit, I get bloated if I eat dried fruit )

Comment

I've heard that Michael Jackson prefers Under Eights.

IGMC

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
              I've heard that Michael Jackson prefers Under Eights.

IGMC

Besides he only got caught out coz a couple of the kids fingered him
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                After the choccy thread I wondered if anyone has a favourite ADM, either for dinner parties or just scoffing in front of the telly.

My favourites are easy: Bendicks Bitter Mints. £2.99 from Sainsbury for about 10 in a box. I love the icy extra strong taste of the mint fondant and the dark, dark 90% 'proof' choccy coating.

Once you've developed a taste for these, you won't want to go back to the sweeter After Eight type mints.

I agree, Bendicks Bitter Mints - are the perfect mint
                As for chocolate, I can only eat it if is ice cold, straight out of the freezer and I can't eat a lot of pure chocolate as I find it a little sickly - fruit and nut bars are ideal.
                It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Working...
                X