• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC - workshops for employers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC - workshops for employers

I received a letter from HMRC about the workshops for employers (payroll, statutory, end of year responsibilities) last week. The workshops are free of charge and are run in various HMRC office.

Did anyone of you attend this workshop? Is it worth attending it? I was wondering that my ltd may get their attention if I attend this workshop?

Your LTD is more likely to receive less attention from them if you attend the workshop I should think
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Didn't go to them. I can't see why it would make a difference. Getting less attention from them means they would have to somehow record who has turned up and we all know that would be far beyond HMRCs capability.

Comment

When I first set up a ltd, the IR (as it then was), offered to visit you at your office, to explain PAYE, expenses, BIK etc., and to answer any questions. We took them up on this offer, we're told "you've obviously been well advised", and never saw an IR officer again.

But that was before New Labour unleashed the dogs of war; the IR were almost reasonable then.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I think an episode of The Bottom Inspectors in VIZ a few years back summed it up. If you go to one do not expect to get out alive.

I doubt it would reduce the likelihood of inspections. Those are governed by a) Chance b) Something looking dodgy and CCCCCCCCCCCCC) How much they think they could screw out of you.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Thanks for giving me the advice. I think I have decided not to attend this workshop.
            Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X